Tuesday 10 February 2009

Victorian Fires

I have had many friends email to find out if everything is ok where I live.  The fires are located in Victoria, which is roughly 600miles away.....  although there have been a number of fires locally, they have been nothing compared to those in Victoria.

It is so hard to believe just how devastating these fires have been.....  they are estimating well over 200 lives have been lost not to mention the vast numbers of animals, both native and domestic.

I've listed a news site for those of you who are interested in keeping up with what has happened.


There are a large number of appeals being set up and the response has been amazing.

My sympathies go to all those families who have lost someone and heatfelt thanks to all the firefighters and volunteers who are helping fight the fires and help with survivors.  

I really do hope that they find the arsonists.....I just cannot fathom how anyone could start fires!


No comments: