Wednesday 11 February 2009

The Koala and the Firefighter!

Local CFA firefighter David Tree shares his water with an injured Australian Koala at Mirboo North after wildfires swept through the region on Monday, Feb. 9, 2009. Suspicions that the worst wildfires ever to strike Australia were deliberately set led police to declare crime scenes Monday in towns incinerated by blazes, while investigators moving into the charred landscape discovered more bodies. The death toll stood at 181   .(AP Photo/Mark Pardew)

To read more about this lucky little koala check out the video, story and pics here....  grab the tissues....

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25038852-2862,00.html

3 comments:

Chrisy said...

that photo is a classic!

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Hi!
Your name was drawn in my OWOH GiveAway for one of the gifts.

I need your address and your choice of prints.

Donna,
www.TheDecoratedHouse.com
DecoratedHouse@aol.com

Tumble Fish Studio said...

We've see similar pictures here in Los Angeles about the Koala and your fires. We tend to have some nasty fire storms here every year so my heart goes out to you and Australia. The world is watching and praying.

I really came here to thank you again for my lovely pendant I won. I am so delighted - it is lovely and I feel very special and honored to receive it! Thank you again!

marsha